The innovative programs and curriculum of MIMA set us apart. The Academy, Akademia, and Open Academy are three revolutionary music programs designed to breed young professional musicians and to provide high quality music learning programs for people of all ages. MIMA, is one of three major projects created and sponsored by South Florida Friends of Classical Music, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, with the aim to:
1. Nurture the finest young professional performing musicians.
2. Fulfill the students' own talent as performers.
3. Prepare students for international music competitions.
4. Prepare students to enter renowned and leading conservatories of music (College level).
5. Make a contribution to the community and to the future of music by providing free and significant musical performances, master classes, residencies, workshops, and lectures for audiences and performers.
6. To serve people of all ages and experience with open-enrollment quality classes in music, and early childhood education.
7. Reach out and involve individuals who do not have access to quality music programs.
The Academy is an intense, highly individualized piano institution for 7 students, that offer a thorough and comprehensive program of music instruction for talented young pianists who show the potential to pursue a professional career in music. The Academy aims to train exceptional young students, ages 14-21 for competitions and entrance into leading music institutions at the College level. Piano faculty includes Ivan Davis, Kemal Gekic, Susan Starr, Margarita Shevchenko, Tian Ying, JB Floyd and Roberta Rust.
Akademia, (from Akademeia) is a gradual and outstanding 10-year music educational training program for young artists at the pre-college level. The program is created under the curriculum model of European conservatories, and provides a nurturing environment for kids aged 7 to 18 working together with exceptional faculty and acclaimed guest artists. Common experiences in music education indicate that music training should be started at an early stage, especially for those wanting to become professional musicians.
The Open Academy serves people of all ages with classes in music, and early childhood arts education, at all levels of experience and interest and taught by exceptionally talented instructors. Open-enrollment Instruction includes courses for children, teen and adults for private, group and ensemble lessons in all instruments. Classes at MIMA through our Open Academy are given in different outreach locations around the Greater Miami area, with the goal of reaching out and involving individuals who wouldn't otherwise have access to quality music programs. This relationship is built on the collaboration with different cultural centers, while utilizing the incredible innovative MIMA's curriculum.
Youth Program to start Spring Classes on January 11
The Miami International Music Academy Youth Program continues to offer low-cost musicianship classes this spring to intermediate/advance young ...read more