:: The Academy > Apply & Audition ::
Apply & Audition
2016-2017 Academic Year -Guidelines-
- 1. Pianists of all nationalities are now invited to apply between the ages of 9 to 18. Only seven students are accepted into the Academy.
- 2. Students who apply and are accepted are committed to participate in the activities of the program. Full tuition scholarship is given to accepted students.
- 3. There will be a $35.00 non-refundable application fee.
- 4. The application deadline will be June 14th, 2016. All materials must be received at MIMA by this date. No exceptions.
- 5. MIMA strongly encourages students to submit electronic applications. The application process must be complete and include the following:
- . Completed online application form
- . $35.00 non-refundable application fee
- . Live audition. Students who live outside South Florida should send by email a high-quality YouTube video link. They can also send a labeled DVD with a minimum of 30 minutes of representative repertoire from three different style periods: baroque, classical, romantic, contemporary, etc. It should be labeled with the applicants name, age, and repertoire. Audiocassettes or CDs will not be accepted.
- . One letter of recommendation from the current or most recent teacher (not mandatory but recommended).
- . A brief professional biography and a photograph (8×10) for publicity purposes (bios and photos can also be sent electronically).
- . International students, please contact the Academy office prior applying for necessary information.
- 6. Accepted students will be notified by July 25th, 2016. Acceptance form is due by August 8th, 2016.
- 7. To apply online click here or send your scanned application and materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
DVD's and other materials can be sent to our office located at:
Miami International Music Academy
8333 NW 53rd St #450
Doral, FL 33166